Child and Teen Checkups (C&TC) are complete head-to-toe health and development checkups. They are at no cost to any person under 21 years old who is insured by PrimeWest, Medical Assistance or another publicly funded health plan, like Medica or Blue Plus. Regular C&TC health exams help infants, children and adolescents be the healthiest they can be. Your health care provider can help you understand and address physical, mental or emotional health issues before they become serious.
What’s included in Child and Teen Checkups?
- Information about good physical and mental health
- Time to ask questions and get answers about your child’s health, behavior and development.
- Complete head-to-toe physicals
- Hearing check
- Vision check
- Age appropriate lab tests (such as lead or Hemoglobin)
- Development and growth checks
- Oral check and referral to the dentist
How often should children get child and Teen Checkups?
- Between birth and one month
- At ages 2, 4, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 24 and 30 months
- Annually between the ages of 3 and 21
- More often if needed
If you would like more information about Child and Teen Checkups, Head Start and Early Childhood Screenings, please call Horizon Public Health at 800.450.4177 or 320.763.6062.
Where can I get Child and Teen Checkups for my children?
Please click the following links to find a provider near you:
Physicians and Clinics: Click here for Clinic List
Eye Doctors: Click here for Resource List
Hearing Providers: Click here for Resource List
Transportation: Click here for Resource List
How Vaccines are Developed
Follow the journey of a childhood vaccine from development through safety monitoring after a vaccine is licensed and introduced to the population. “The Journey of Your Child’s Vaccine”