Child and Teen Checkups
Child and Teen Checkups (C&TC) are complete head-to-toe health and development checkups. They are at no cost to any person under 21 years old who is insured by PrimeWest, Medical Assistance or another publicly funded health plan, like Medica or Blue Plus. Regular C&TC health exams help infants, children and adolescents be the healthiest they can be. Your health care provider can help you understand and address physical, mental or emotional health issues before they become serious.
What’s included in Child and Teen Checkups?
- Information about good physical and mental health
- Time to ask questions and get answers about your child’s health, behavior and development.
- Complete head-to-toe physicals
- Hearing check
- Vision check
- Age appropriate lab tests (such as lead or Hemoglobin)
- Development and growth checks
- Oral check and referral to the dentist
How often should children get child and Teen Checkups?
- Between birth and one month
- At ages 2, 4, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 24 and 30 months
- Annually between the ages of 3 and 21
- More often if needed
If you would like more information about what services your child should receive at his/her age please click on this link:
Where can I get Child and Teen Checkups for my children?
Please click the following links to find a provider near you:
Physicians and clinics: Link to our resource list
Dentists: Link to our resource list
Eye Doctors: Link to our resource list
Hearing Providers: Link to our resource list
Please call Horizon Public Health for more information about C&TC, Head Start and Early Childhood Screenings at 320.763.6062.