Private/Vacation Home Rentals
On March 6, 2018 the Douglas County Board of Commissioners voted to amend the Douglas County Zoning Ordinance to include requirements and standards for the licensing and operation of private/vacation home rentals in Douglas County.
Horizon Environmental Health will be responsible for licensing and inspecting private/vacation home rentals in Douglas County.
Below are links for information on licensing, the actual ordinance, and the license application.
- Private Vacation Home Rental Licensing Checklist
- Private Vacation Home Rentals General Requirements
- Douglas County Private/Vacation Home Rental Zoning Ordinance
- Sample Aerial Map for Private/Vacation Home Rentals
- Private/Vacation Home Rental License Application
- Douglas County “Good Neighbor Brochure”
If you have any questions or need more information on licensing/inspection of these rentals, please contact our sanitarians:
Please call or email the sanitarians first if you are coming to the office as their jobs very rarely find them in the office.
If you cannot reach the sanitarians and need to speak to someone right away, please call the Horizon Public Health main number at 320.763.6018 and ask to speak to Jane Michaels.