Horizon Public Health COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Updated: June 8, 2021
Minnesota has directed providers to prioritize appointments for people most at risk of getting COVID-19, or those who could develop severe illness if infected. Horizon Public Health will follow this guidance and continue to prioritize people in the groups that carry the highest risk.
- All Minnesotans 12+ (Pfizer) or 18+ (Janssen and Moderna) who wants to seek vaccine is eligible.
- Horizon Public Health is currently offering the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine a two-dose series for ages 18 and older. If you need vaccine for your 12-17 year old, please use the vaccine locator map to find providers currently offering the Pfizer vaccine.
- Plan on a second dose in approximately 28 days.
- Plan to sit for at least 15 minutes of observation after you receive your vaccine.
- Please do your best to keep scheduled appointments. Appointments are limited and may not be available for immediate rescheduling.
Horizon Public Health COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics:
**When you arrive to receive your first dose, a Horizon Public Health staff member will help schedule you for your second dose. Plan on a second dose approximately 28 days after your first dose.**
Wednesday, June 9th-
Morris Office (10 E Hwy 28. Morris, MN 56267) Click here to register
Thursday, June 10th-
Viking Plaza Mall (Old Hallmark Space, 3015 MN-29, Alexandria, MN 56308) Click here to register
Wednesday, June 16th-
Garfield Community Center, 1-4PM (101 Sanstead St E, Garfield, MN 56332) Click here to register
Thursday, June 17th-
Alexandria Office (809 Elm Street, Alexandria, MN 56308) Click here to register
Brandon Community Center, 3-6PM (105 Holmes Avenue, Brandon, MN 56315) Click here to register
Wednesday, June 23rd-
Morris Office (10 E Hwy 28, Morris, MN 56267) Click here to register
Kensington Community Center (19 Central Ave N, Kensington, MN 56343) Click here to register
**If you have additional questions or need assistance registering, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call our COVID helpline 800-450-4177 or 320-763-6018. Press option 3 for our COVID Helpline**
Additional Vaccine Clinics:
- COVID-19 Vaccine Connector to find out when, where, and how to get your vaccine. Click here to sign up. The Vaccine Connector will, alert you when you are eligible to receive a vaccine, connect you to resources to schedule a vaccine appointment and notify you if there are vaccine opportunities in your area.
- Vaccine Locator Map: Easily find and connect with local vaccine providers in their area, including, local health care providers and pharmacies.
The cost of the COVID-19 Vaccine will be covered by the Federal Government-
However, healthcare providers may charge you an administration fee for giving the vaccine. This means you may be asked for your insurance information when you get the COVID-19 vaccine. You can still get the COVID-19 vaccine if you do not have insurance and/or cannot pay the administration fee. Horizon Public Health is not currently asking to see any health insurance information.
The COVID-19 vaccine will be available from many places, such as healthcare providers, community health center, pharmacies and vaccine clinics operated by public health departments.
** Note: Be aware of scams. MN Department of Health and healthcare providers will never ask for credit card information in order to get the vaccine. **
About the Vaccines:
- Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine
- Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine
- Johnson & Johnson (Janssen) Vaccine
- How are the COVID-19 Vaccines made?
- COVID-19 Vaccines are Safe
- What to expect after receiving your COVID-19 vaccine