Report Public Health Emergencies and Concerns
A public health emergency or concern is anything that causes, or could cause injuries or illness to a large number of people. Please use the following guidelines to determine how to respond.
Report Public Health Emergencies
- If this is an emergency, please call 911. Horizon Public Health emergency response will be activated if needed.
- Please call MDH at 651.201.5735 for “after hours” or 24/7 reportable and emergency needs. Horizon Public Health participates in coordination with the Minnesota Department of Health and will be notified if further action is needed.
Report Public Health Concerns
- Horizon Public Health can be reached during office hours for non-emergency needs by email or by phone at 320.763.6018.
- Reporting an infectious disease or suspect an infectious disease
- Report an unsanitary condition
- Report a Foodborne Illness – If you think you are ill from eating food in a public setting, call the Minnesota Foodborne Illness Hotline at 1.877.FOOD ILL (1.877.366.3455) or visit the MDH website – MDH Foodborne or Waterborne Illness.